Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Missing You


Can't you just smell them?  I love gardenias.  They ALWAYS remind me of Grammy (my 90 year old grandmother).  She has a gardenia bush along her from porch.  I haven't been to her house in years (unfortunately) but I can still smell them.  I'm sad they don't grow well in Utah, but maybe that's ok.  It keeps them special, and uncommon.  I have a strong desire to jump in the car and head to the Bay Area for a good visit with Gram.  Mom, are you going anytime soon?  I know you just went, but I'll hitch a ride with you if you happen to be going that way.  :)

5 comments:

Gwen said...

I think we have gardenia trees, are there such a thing, along a street near my house. whenever they are in bloom I think of Grammy too :)

T Fowler said...

I always think of my grandma when I smell honeysuckle. I'm impatiently waiting for spring.

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

I always wondered why people sometimes remove their comments...because I can't spell or write before breakfast! Wouldn't it be fun to celebrate her birthday together....after all, it's our birthday month too!

Mizukawa's said...

I got confused with Magnolias I love those and the are every where here. and I think that I wouldn't mind visiting your grams too. :) PS I like the new background. Julie