Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Walking Baby!

I better put this up before it's anticlimactic. I thought it would never happen! Ava has been on the verge of walking for 2 months (at least). She wouldn't stop walking as long as you held her hand. We could get her to walk across the room is we were at the other end to coax her along. Well, she FINALLY decided she was ready to go. On Monday night she just started going across the room all by herself, no coaxing. All day Tuesday she crawled, but by the time Daddy came home she had decided she would do the walking thing again, and kept it up the rest of the night. Today she has decided that walking seems to be working, so she's going strong. She still has the zombie stance (arms straight out in front of her), and she still falls a lot, but she's walking all on her own! I'm so glad she got it before we leave for NZ. Grandpa will have her running by the time we get back (and that's OK). I took some video, but I'm working on transferring everything off the camera to DVD right now, so all you get is a photo. This is how she looks today, crazy hair, dragon hanging out of her mouth, and a little sad because she keeps falling on her diaper padded bum.

4 comments:

Kendra said...

Yea! Can't wait to see her today. I hope she gives us a good show :)

Gwen said...

we can't wait to see her walk in person.

Susan said...

She looks so much older when she's standing up by herself!

Mizukawa's said...

yahoo your walking. that is great. Hey we got home yesterday and found your package thanks!! Ava is getting big