Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It's about time

I know, I know. You're thinking, Thanksgiving is next week and I'm just putting up Halloween. I wanted to do a little slide show about our Halloween festivities, going to the Barnyard Boo with Granny B, the annual pumpkin party at the Welles, the costume parade at the kids school, Ava devouring a candy bar, etc. etc. Between my printing jobs, my church calling, mommy hood, getting ready for our big trip, and getting Christmas taken care of before our big trip, I feel like I haven't even had a second to take a breath. Well I'm forcing myself to toss up the group costume picture. It turns out this was the only time Ava wore her costume. We dug out a couple costumes from Halloweens past, the sheep and rooster. We seemed to have a farm theme starting, so Ian was nice enough to volunteer to be a farmer, and Eliza wanted to be a cat (because every farm needs a cat to catch the mice). We put some ears on an old hoodie, and she drew "stripes" on it. She liked it, and all I had to do was put the ears on and draw a black nose and whiskers. The kids had fun trick-or-treating our neighborhood, while Ava stayed home with Dad and had a nap. Then we went to the Greens for a fun family Halloween party.

4 comments:

Erin said...

cute, cute. where are you going on your big trip? we'll be at my parents for thanksgiving, any chance we'll see you?

Mizukawa's said...

K so I have been checking everyday so I was way glad to see this post. I can't help but love Ian!!! Wow you really are busy so thanks for the post. I can't wait to see the posts after the big trip. send the kids our love

Susan said...

You have such a cute little farm load of kiddies! Ian was hilarious.

Anonymous said...

WHO IS GRANNY B? Surely, not my little sister Susan McGlusen?

Leslie