We hosted Thanksgiving at our house this year. It was just James' parents, and his youngest sister, so not too crazy. Growing up my family always spent Thanksgiving week with my grandma and grandpa Brodine. In memory of Grandma I wore some earrings that she gave me and always reminds me of her. I got a little teary eyed (a great start, huh?). James' grandma Hobbs died last year just a few days after Thanksgiving, so this was a tender time for him as well. This was the first experience James or I had making a turkey. Luckily James offered to take over before I had to ask. His dad made the stuffing, his mom made the green been casserole, yams and gravy, and I covered everything else. The turkey turned out great (so I'm told) and everything else was delicious, too. Later on two more of his sisters and their families stopped in after their in-law's festivities. While the kids watched Shrek the 3rd, the adults played a rousing game of Totally 80's Trivial Pursuit (which James and I technically won). All in all a great Thanksgiving day. You can see more photos here.
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comment:
Good job! I'm impressed. Loved the pictures, especially the "I ate too much?" one
Post a Comment