Monday, November 26, 2007

Deck the Halls

I know Thanksgiving is it's own holiday, but sometimes it feels like the starting gun for Christmas. The day after Thanksgiving the kids and I started putting up the tree and other decorations. Yesterday the kids put all the ornaments on the tree. Now if I can keep the kids from playing with it all. "They are decorations, not toys!" They do have the designated manger scene they can play with, isn't that enough? You can see more photos here.

5 comments:

Gwen said...

So cute. We put our tree up too. I have another outfit I have my eye on for Ava. Thanks for the new pics of the kids.

Kendra said...

I think it's funny we all have our tree up the day after Thanksgiving. It seems growing up we didn't put it up until the 14th or so. Maybe it's because we always did a live tree and now we're all into the fake stuff :) Our tree has already been "re-decorated" about five times.

Mandy Wollenzien said...

I recomend using real candy canes to decorate the christmas tree. This way your kids will focus on eating the candy canes and leave the other decorations alone. At least thats what I did when I was little. MMM Candy Canes!

Susan said...

Good thinking Mandy! You're exactly right, Kendra. I was so afraid of the tree drying out too much and catching fire. Remember when the Gov's Mansion tree burned? We are doing ours on Friday, hoping Carrie's kids will help decorate while we're babysitting....

Carrie said...

Mom, I'm sure my kids would LOVE to help. Mandy- the candy canes are a good idea for some, did you see what my kids look (an hobbsie kids) after eating a candy cane? I'll take my chances with broken ornaments. :)