Thursday, October 25, 2007

8 Weeks!

Ava is 8 weeks old today! Where does the time go? Really? Is there a black hole in my living room that is sucking the time to another dimension? Sigh.
My neighbor, Jill, shared a nice thought with me on Sunday while we chatted in the mother's lounge. The grandmother of her husband had 17 children! Jill would always ask her, "Grandma, my kids are growing up so quickly! What do I do?". The grandma would always give the same answer. In a loving voice she would say, "That's what they're supposed to do, dear." I look at these pictures of Ava, one taken at a couple days old the other yesterday, and I'm a little sad at how fast she is growing. I have to repeating those wise words to myself, that's what they're supposed to do.

5 comments:

Gwen said...

Wow she is so big, once again, more pictures please!!We can't wait to see her in person!

Erin said...

oh, she's so sweet. i love it when they get a little meat on their bones.

Anonymous said...

Who is that baby?! I'm gone a week and she grows those long legs???

anthony said...

I can't believe you have four kids.....and Jeremiah has none....hopefully one day soon he'll have one. Thanks for letting me post and thank you mandy for letting me snoop on your live....I love blogs.

anthony said...

sorry that last post from Anthony is really Rene....that is my husbands name...oops i guess i'm log on as him