Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Holiday Favorites

My favorite holiday decoration this year is this monogram "wreath" hanging on my front door. It is not your usual wreath, which is what is so appealing to me. I cut an H from 2 inch thick green foam, and just pushed cuttings from my box wood bushes all over. It took many, many hours of work, but I really like how it turned out. If I was to do it over again, I would cover the foam with moss first, and set the box wood cuttings with glue. I got the idea from a Christmas decorating show on TV last year. I think the only thing that would make this "wreath" look better was if my front door was nicely painted!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great! What color would you like your door to be?

Carrie said...

mom-
I've noticed that if someone does choose to paint their door a color, they usually choose red, which is what we were thinking of doing. But I'd like to be a bit more original. Right now I'm thinking of a shade of eggplant.

Anonymous said...

Eggplant would be rich looking, or some shade of green?

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

I love that you made your own! I saw these in Ballard Designs & they were not as cute. I am going to do this for myself this year - thanks!!!

My front door is black. :) Cute until the wind blows & it gets dirty.