Saturday, November 28, 2009

Halloween & Thanksgiving


So, I FINALLY got my pictures off the camera.  I know it's after Thanksgiving, but here is out Halloween picture.  Eliza was a kangaroo.  She has a webkinz kangaroo and decided she could be the mom kangaroo and that could be her baby.  I was able to find a kangaroo pattern and some fleece that was a pretty close match to the baby.  It wasn't too hard to make, thank goodness.  Ian was something from G.I. Joe.  I'm not sure who, but it was off the rack at the store and inexpensive, so...  Eliza wanted him to go along with the Australian animal theme and be a koala, but I told them I can only handle making one costume this year.  Ian was fine with that.  I don't think he really wanted to be a koala anyway.  Jimmy and Ava got to pick their costumes from Halloween's past.  Jimmy was thrilled to be Spider Man, even though we couldn't find the mask.  Ava was a moth butterfly.  She looked so cute, and she loved wearing it.  She wore that hat all night!  After a little trick-or-treating in our neighborhood we went to my sister-in-law's house for a family party.  They put together an awsome spook alley in thier basement.  The kids were really spooked.  It was a fun night.

On to Thanksgiving!  This year was James' parent turn not to cook (send everyone to the in-laws).  Well, it was the same situation for my parents.  We had no where to go, so we invited both of them to our house.  It was great.  James made a wonderful Turkey.  I was told it tasted great.  I don't do turkey.  He and his parents also made a lot of stuffing.  A LOT.  The rest of us pitched in with the remainder of the feast.  After stuffing ourselves we hauled off to the movie, then came back for the yummy pie (thanks mom & dad!).  It was a nice day.  Sorry, no pictures of T-day.  Too busy hosting to get out the camera I guess.

3 comments:

Gwen said...

Cute kids, more pictures :)

Susan said...

Ava looks partied out. Thanks for the great Thanksgiving! Great food and company

Julie said...

I made the stuffing too this year. we had a great thanksgiving but I think I would have rather been home. and the costumes where cute I do like the kanga good job on that