Thursday, August 6, 2009

Friends

So I'm going to make a real post. I don't really have time to blog right now. The truth is I'm just avoiding the things I really need to be doing today. I have a lot to post about, but I think I'll start at the now, and go backwards when things slow down and I don't have a lot to blog about. Anyhoo. Tuesday night I had the chance to hang out with a couple long time friends. Erin Kelly Stanley and Mandy Wollenzien, who I have been friends with since we were 5 (or is it 4?). We lived on the same street, and grew up at each others houses. I never had a brother, and that was OK because Erin had many, and they treated me like one of their own (teasing, bugging, kicking down our Barbie mansions). Mandy, who lives in D.C, was in town visiting her family. Erin, who lives in southern Utah, was also in town visiting her family. Party Time! We gathered at Mandy's family homestead is Spanish Fork. The kids LOVED it. There were so many places to explore which gave us some quiet (mostly) time to catch up. It was so comfortable and easy, like we had just seen each other last week (OK I did see Erin just last week, but you know what I mean). Erin's kids are so close in age, and the same genders: Girl, boy, boy, girl. They played so well together. Thanks again Mandy planning it up!

Mandy's family has a tradition of jumping pictures, so of course we had to add ours to the book. I have more pictures from this night to come.

3 comments:

Kendra said...

Glad you had fun. I always felt like the kelly boys teased me enough to last a lifetime, too. Didn't really make me wish I had brothers.

Susan said...

You were 4 when we moved there. Such a great move on every level. So glad you have such great people as friends, still. Love the pics

Erin said...

we are so dang cute.