Last month we spent a week in Sunriver, Oregon. We congregated there with my extended family for our family reunion. We do this every other summer. We had SUCH a great time hanging out with our cousins that we don't get to see very often, and with those that we see more often. The first day started with a horse back ride for those kids (of all ages) too big for the pony rides. Eliza was scared at first and wasn't sure she wanted to go, after her horse got spooked. This coming from the girl who LOVES horses and wants to be a cowgirl when she grows up. I rode in front of her and my dad rode behind, so she was convinced it would be ok. Half way through she said, "That's it! I am FOR SURE getting a horse when I grow up!!". The next day we took the kids swimming where they also had a wave machine where you could surf or boogie board. Of course the big "kids", James, Jay, and Mike (I think Pete and Dave went another day) had to give surfing a go. Some of the younger kids tried out the boogie boarding. More fun was had throughout the week with games of pool, a bike parade, and of course the rousing games of Mexican Train. It was so much fun, Grammy decided we need to do it again NEXT summer! HOORAY!
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment