Monday, March 17, 2008

6 Months Old

Ava is 6 months old! Actually, she turned 6 months a couple weeks ago, but with all our sicknesses and such I hadn't posted about it. She had her check up Friday. Here are the stats:
Weight: 15 lbs. 0 oz. ~ 22%
Length: 25.7 " ~ 36%
Head: 42.8 cm ~ 48%
No wonder she gets so tired trying to hold her head up. She's a scrawny girl with a heavy head. :)
I'm used to butterball babies. This is a little hard for me to swallow, especially coming after Jimmy the Buddha baby. But we'll get the veggies going, and I'm sure it will all balance out.
I just wish I could get some belly laughs out of her. Nothing. Lost of squeals, though. No rolling over (she gets to her side and then flops back), no sitting up (without help that is), and not even CLOSE to crawling (which is perfectly fine with me, thank you very much). I'm not worried at all. She's my last baby, she can take all the time she needs.

5 comments:

Gwen said...

I also wanted you to put pictures of Ava up. I haven't seen a picture of her since the last time you put a pic of her on your blog. put some more on your hobbsie kids if you haven't already. And the other kids too, of course :)

Mizukawa's said...

She is so pretty I love her eyes. Ash didn't crawel for a while either. I have to laugh Jake i want to grow fast and Ash slow I bet I will not even want my last baby to grow at all.

Susan said...

She is gorgeous! Love the close ups of her sweet face with those eyes!! She looks petite and perfectly proportioned in real life.

k8theriver said...

she is so cute!
and happy birthday!

Gwen said...

I want to reach through the computer and pick her up. She is adorable!!