Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Yikes!

The last two days have been spent running from dentist to orthodontist to dentist. The result... 5 teeth pulled, with 4 more to go! Poor Eliza has inherited my small mouth which has caused her teeth to be VERY crooked. One molar seen in the x-ray was growing sideways! So, the baby molar (which was causing an abscess) had to come out to let the sideways molar drop down. Next week we go back to the Otho for an expander that will help keep the spaces open for her permanent teeth to grow into. All this so that we don't have to go through as much trouble later on with the permanent teeth. She looks so different! :/

4 comments:

Gwen said...

WOW!! and OUCH! good luck Eliza. Eat lots of ice cream!

Kendra said...

Poor, poor thing!! I can relate. I've lost count on how many root canals I've had and I think I had the most orthodontic work out of all of us. There's some bad tooth gene on the Rosenberry side. Are those her front teeth that have already grown in? Lauren lost hers in March and they are still nowhere to be seen. Good luck Eliza! We are thinking of you.

Susan said...

What a different smile!! The good thing is that her front teeth will now have room to come in straight. She looks really brave.

Leslie said...

"Poor Eliza! Poor unfortunate child!" (That's a quote from The Small Cabin of Uncle Thomas from the King and I.)

My kids also only lost two teeth on the top and bottom before they had to start having them pulled by the dentist to give them more space for the new teeth to come in. I think it's our lower jaw more than the teeth because Emily inherited her father's teeth- neither of them have ever had a cavity- but she didn't have enough room for them just like Britt who unfortunately has my teeth- and her Aunt Susan's fear of dentists.

Carmen is almost 9 months old and has no teeth. She will be walking before she gets teeth. Fortunately G'ma Loney says Jay was the same way- glad we can blame something on their side of the family.