I have been SO scatterbrained lately. I can't imagine why.
Yesterday Eliza came home from school announcing that I had forgotten to send a lunch with her. No problem, it was pizza day! This morning I put money in her backpack today to pay for yesterdays lunch. Shortly after noon I got a call from Eliza at school telling me I forgot to send lunch with her AGAIN! So, I quickly made her a lunch and ran it over to her (she wasn't about to eat the sloppy joe's the school was serving). Come on Mom, get it together!
Sorry, sorry, sorry.

3 comments:
Carrie,
I forget to pack my own lunch all the time. I can only imagine what it will be like for my children.
Were you the one in elementary school who would flatten her peanut butter and jelly before eating it? If so have you passed this onto your children?
Mandy
Yes, I loved to squish my sandwiches. Eliza won't eat sandwiches, but I bet Ian would go for a good, flat sandwich.
Two times of not having a lunch ought to be enough to teach her to check her backpack to see if she has a lunch, right? Then she can remind you while you can still do something about it. Sometimes a kid just has to take responsibility.
Opa used to say everything is a learning opportunity. :D
Post a Comment