Sunday, September 23, 2007

They Might Be Giants

Friday night James and I were given the opportunity to go to a FREE concert of They Might Be Giants. Our friend Owen was given the tickets, but he already had plans, so he gave them to us. We dropped the kids off with James' family and headed to The Depot in The Gateway. The line to get into the venue was around the corner, so we decided to get dinner first. The Dew Tour (which would have been fun, too) was happening downtown, too, so finding parking was easier said than done. Once parked we went to Thaifoon for dinner. I like TMBG and all, but I have never owned any of their albums, and only heard what's been played on the radio. It turned out to be a pretty fun concert. They sound just as good live, and were quite entertaining (telling funny stories and talking). The venue is small (private club) so no matter where we sat we had an up close view of the stage. They played a good mix of new songs and old classics. All in all a fun night. Thanks Owen!

2 comments:

Erin said...

ohh, i'm jealous. going out with a new baby and seeing TMBG! we have one of their children's albums (here come the ABCs) and love it. did they play the children's stuff or old stuff?

Carrie said...

Erin- They played a lot of old stuff and new stuff, but I don't know what the kid songs are. They did play ABC's of Nations, which was great (is that a kid one?). I might have to get the children's album, I think my kids would like it.