IKEA in Draper had it's Grand Opening today. We have been eagerly awaiting this day. My mom and I chose to brave the crowd. So, after dropping the older child off at school, we packed up the younger two and headed on over. There were A LOT of cars, but we were quickly ushered into a parking spot (in a dirt lot just outside the actual parking lot, so not far to go). There were A LOT of people. We got up to the front of the store, and weaved our way through the chained, amusement park like line. It all went very quickly, though. As we walked through the front doors there were about 30 employees banging boom sticks and cheering us in. We couldn't help but smile. The store was packed, but it REALLY wasn't that hectic. The longest wait was in the check out line. We had a great time! It really was a fun (for us)event. After years of shopping in out of state IKEA stores while visiting family, I had to remind myself that I didn't have to get everything today. I could come back tomorrow if I wanted! That makes me happy. Welcome IKEA!
*The average person will spend two weeks over their lifetime waiting for the traffic lights to change.*
4 comments:
we went too--twice! i found out a friend's band was playing so we (my girls and i) went back at 7. it wasn't bad at all. they only had about 5 check-out lanes open and the lines weren't long. it was fun.
I loved the ABBA music outside, the bands playing inside, free frisbee and water bottle, the courteous crowds, the super impressive traffic control folks, the party atmosphere, great staff, and did I mention that I LOVE IKEA! Not everyone gets that, but it is my kind of place. Thanks for sharing the event with me!
Katie, I thought you might be there so I kept my eyes open, but never saw you. Oh well, maybe next time!
So glad it finally opened. I was wondering when it was but had no doubt that you'd both be there.
Whaddya buy?
Leslie
Post a Comment