My sweet little boy (20 months old) has learned to climb up the bar stools and onto the kitchen counter. We have been able to keep him off the table by keeping the heavy chairs pushed in. But, he is able to push the stools around and climb away! I have caught him tap dancing on the counter top, and even turning on the garbage disposal. My husband at this age pulled out drawers to make stairs and climbed up on the counter where his mom had just stepped away from making dinner. He grabbed a sharp knife, then fell off the counter cutting his eye between his eyebrow and eyeball. I 1/4" lower and he would probably be blind. I guess I should be thankful nothing like that has happened, yet (and I will be strictly keeping both eyes on this kid).
It doesn't end there. Today he has started opening doors! No. No. Up until now I have been able to keep him out of any room (particularly the bathrooms) by simply shutting the doors. Just now he opened the front door, which has a child door knob thingy on it. Even some adults need assistance to leave my house. Not this little boy. It has small rubber grippers on the inside that touches the door know, so adults can push on those particular spots and get traction to twist the knob. Apparently if the gripper is in just the right spot, he can get the right leverage. Luckily he can't unlock the deadbolt. What am I going to do to keep him out of the bathrooms? I don't want to keep the other kids out, who need to get in on a moments notice!
Oh, things are going to be trickier now.
*In 1946, the first TV toy commercial aired. It was for Mr. Potato Head.*
1 comment:
Hope Baby James doesn't take after his father in that way! Yikes.
Post a Comment