Valentine's Day is not a big celebration at our house. The most excitement happens at school, when the kids get to share their Valentine's with their classmates. At home, it's pretty much the same old thing. In an attempt to make it somewhat special at home, we did break out the heart shaped cookie cutter and made up some sugar cookies. They didn't get frosted, or even eaten yet. When James got home I made dinner, which hasn't been happening much lately, so that seemed special (or so I was telling myself). After dinner I cleaned up :( while James watched TV and the kids wrestled each other. Then I put the kids to bed while James watched the Jazz game. I could hardly stand all the romance the basketball game was emitting, so after the last child was tucked in I climbed into a nice warm tub. Next, while listening to whoops and hollers coming from downstairs, I put myself to bed. Better luck next year St. Valentine. I'm not holding my breath.
Thursday, February 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Okay. Now that's kind of disappointing. Best not to have great expectations, just celebrate with the kids. Some people are not too tuned into the celebration and making traditions, but they are still GOOD souls.
Post a Comment