Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ava's New Glasses

Ava got glasses for the first time on Saturday.  She has lazy eye which causes her eye (usually her left eye, but has started in her right as well) to cross.  It turns out she is a bit far sighted.  When she tries to focus on something up close, her eyes over compensate and one eye crosses.  She has been pretty good about leaving them on, until she gets bored, like in the car, then she takes them off and plays with them.  We chose to go with a very inexpensive frame ($9 from Walmart!) so if/when she breaks them I won't freak out (too much).  As she gets a little older, and is used to wearing them, we'll get he some super stylish frames.  I saw a very cute pair from B.U.M that looked SO cute on her.  I wasn't ready to pay $60 for those, yet, knowing she may be hard on them.   I couldn't get her to hold still long enough to get a great picture, but you can see that she thinks she's pretty cute... which she is, of course.  Here's what she looks like when her eyes go "crazy".

5 comments:

Susan said...

Adorable!! I guess you could always take them off of her in the car since she's farsighted :)

Gwen said...

who knew they had frames so cheap. Great idea! She looks so cute!

Mizukawa's said...

wow I didn't know that it would cross so much. I wish I would have gotten A good pic of ASh before the surgery. Well Love you Ava. keep us posted on the glasses.

T Fowler said...

She looks so cute! The frames are a great fit for her little face.

Winnie said...

She is adorable!