Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Summer Birthdays

I have to get back into the posting thing. I really do enjoy it, and I need to remind myself that. 4 of the 6 birthday's in our family land in the summer. 1 in June, 2 in July and 1 in August. So, it's time to do a post on them.

First it was Ian's b-day. He had his first friend party. He wanted a fishing party. huh. Ok. I made some fish shaped bean bags and they had to toss them in buckets, and got tickets for getting them in. More tickets for the buckets farthest away. They threw wet "fish" water balloons to eachother and had to catch them "Pikes Place Market" style. Every game was a way to earn more tickets, and at the end they got to trade in thier tickets for prizes. I think they all had fun, except for one neighbor boy who couldn't be bother with all the "kid" games, and went home early. Oh well. He's 7 going on 37. Ian had a great time, which is the most important thing.  We also had a family dinner on his actual Birthday.

Next it was Jimmy's Birthday.  We had all the cousins come over and play on the slip & slide.  At 4 it's easy to make him happy.  His only request was to have a Lightning Mcqueen party.  All that meant was I had to put Cars on his cake and make sure one of them was Lightning.  Easy enough.  He loved it, as you can see on his face.
Next was James, but because we were traveling to Idaho and on to Oregon that day, we didn't get any pictures.  His mom threw him a party a few days before we left, with family and some friends.  But, wouldn't you know it, I didn't take my camera with me that night.  Nice wife, huh?  Ugh.

Last, but certainly not least, was Ava's 2nd Birthday.  We had family come over for dinner, and threw Ava's Birthday into the mix.  Very low key, which was just fine with me and her.  She didn't understand the present opening thing just yet, so she had a little help, but she loved what was inside them!  I can't believe she's 2!

4 comments:

k8theriver said...

she has a lot more hair than last time you posted.

Susan said...

Glad to have you back blogging! Nice update

Mizukawa's said...

I am glad that you are back I think that i might need to get back too. Love the cute three well four birthday update

laurensd said...

Awesome Ian! Now you guys can conect and we (paige,seth,me,taylor,you,and someone) can all play together. We would have to call and plan first. Its a big set up. Kind of.