Monday, February 4, 2008

What do you think?

I've been thinking about it for a while now. I've finally decided to get my own Etsy store. I'll start with some baby shirts, and then add other things as I make them (if things go well). I need help deciding what name to go with. Sweet Mamu? This was a name my mom often called me as a kid. Mom, you may change this story, maybe it was really sweet baboo/baboon? I'm not really sure, but it sounded like sweet mamu to me. :) The other name is Ugamugas. This came from Mr. Roger's Neighborhood ("eskimo" kisses from Daniel Tiger). When Eliza was really little ugamugas were "our" thing. This is the first poll I've done, so I'm looking forward to seeing what the outcome will be.

9 comments:

Kendra said...

I like them both. I think if you're going to stick to baby stuff I'd go with "Sweet Mamu" just becuase it sounds more babyish. But really they are both good. Good luck. I'm intrigued to hear how it goes.

Gwen said...

I like Sweet Mamu. softer than ugamugas.

Erin said...

i vote for sweet mamu. it's a sweet name. ugamugas looks hard to pronounce. i can't wait to start shopping at the sweet mamu etsy shop!!!

Susan said...

It was Mamu not babu or baboon. I'm trying to think how it got started........

Mizukawa's said...

I didn't even see this post but put one down for sweet mugamu for me

Mandy Wollenzien said...

I like sweet mamu as well. I'm happy to read that your mom was not calling you a baboon. I can't wait to see what you create.

Leslie said...

I think a name should be something easy to spell and remember if you are hoping for repeat business from someone who might be Googling to find you again. I get really irritated when I'm searching for an author on my library website and they spelled their name in some weird way. KISS - Keep It Simple Sweetie (paraphrased)

Carrie said...

Oh smart Leslie. That is a very good point.

Susan said...

I was thinking about Library bookbags for kids and adults...2 reasons: so I can carry lots of books without dropping them, AND so I can keep them all in one place at home...ready to grab on my way out the door.