Thursday, January 17, 2008

Blahh

It's mid January, and I've got the winter blahs. Exercise is a good mood stabilizer. I'm trying really hard to do some kind of exercise consistently. I want to be healthier, and feel better. If weight loss is a side effect of that, that's even better!
Yesterday I splurged and got myself a pair of running shoes. I have NEVER had a real pair of running/walking shoes. I always by the fake/cheap shoes from Payless. The local sporting goods store was having their clearance sale, so I thought I could justify it. I was able to get a pair that was normally $50, for $20! I thought that was a great deal. (actual shoes not shown)
Last week I got a flier in the mail for one of the car dealerships. It had a scratch and win to entice people to come in. I won an MP3 player. Sure, it's an i-pod shuffle knock off, but it was FREE. And the guy was nice and gave us 2! I loaded it up with some music, put on head phones, and my new shoes and got my body moving while the kids watched the Disney channel. I feel so invigorated! My sister is a fitness fanatic and has started a fitness blog with some great tips. Check it out and stay motivated.

6 comments:

Gwen said...

WOW, new shoes and 2 new MP3 players. It is meant to be.

Kendra said...

Finatic is not the word I would use to describe my fitness level :)If only I wouldn't eat in licorice and cookies what I burn off exercising!

Susan said...

Good job, Carrie! You will love having decent shoes. Now I want to pictures of you with your jump rope. Way to go.

Kendra said...

I really can spell :)

Unknown said...

WINNER!!!!! Good for you... I think I won a pie a couple of years ago (whoop-dee-doo). I buy my running shoes at COSTCO ($15).

Michele said...

Yea!!! You are going to catch the running bug and won't be able to quit! It makes the winter easier and you just feel better! Keep up the good work!!!