Sunday, December 30, 2007

Teacher Gifts

When Eliza was in Kindergarten, it didn't even occur to me to get her teacher a Christmas present. I don't remember giving my teachers gifts. Then again, I have a terrible memory. I think poor Mrs. Fotheringham got jipped. By the time she hit first grade, I was ready. I like the kids to give something they have made or helped make. Last year Mrs. Ostler (E's 1st grade teacher) and Mrs. Skousen (I's preschool teacher) were given some homemade soap. The kids had a fun time making it, and clean up was super easy (it's soap)! This year we got some wooden utensils (3 pack) from Ikea (really inexpensive). The kids painted the handles, then we tied them to a jar filled with the dry ingredients for cookies. It was fun and they turned out so cute! They said their teachers really liked them. What to do next year?

3 comments:

Kendra said...

I think that's a great idea. I always seem to leave teacher gifts until the last minute.

Mandy Wollenzien said...

Cute gifts. What a creative mom you are. I love getting gifts as a teacher and Homemade ones are super special.

Susan said...

how personal and tasty! I love my spoons...I almost hate to use them. Looking forward to Eliza's blog :)