Monday, September 10, 2007

Oh Joy!

I love my children. But sometimes...
My sweet (but sometimes terrible) 2 year old was heard opening and shutting drawers in my bathroom while I was downstairs feeding the baby. I called for him and he came (what a good boy) holding an open bottle of deep red NAIL POLISH!!!!! Uuuuggghhhh! I quickly jumped up to grab the open bottle, leaving a screaming baby laying on the couch. I took the dreaded walk up the carpeted stairs (no drips), down the carpeted hall (no drips!), through my carpeted bedroom (no drips!!) into my vinyl floored bathroom (drips). Not only were there drips on the floor, but it looked as though he had been trying to paint the cabinet doors and drawers. I stood in disbelief, wondering where to start the disaster clean up. I got out my bottle of nail Polish remover and started in on the mess, knowing that this was probably not the best for the finish on my cabinets, but not knowing what else to do. It came off the floor, not problem. It came off the cabinets with a little staining left behind. The towel that was laying on the floor (thank you husband) was not so lucky. Oh, well. I can handle a painted towel better than ruined carpet. Thank goodness for small miracles. His face, however, looks like a Maori Moko gone bad.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oooohh!! Time for child proofing hardward on drawers and cabinets!!

Anonymous said...

Such an innocent face. Thank heavens the carpet was spared!

Kendra said...

I was just thinking today how I made it through three kids without childproofing, but then remembered we tied all our cabinets shut with garbage bags (weird, I know). At least it wasn't the couch :) Glad it wasn't any worse!

Gwen said...

Paige is loving the blogging. She asks to check them every day. She loves to see the cousins. She had to tell matt the whole nail polish story. More pics of Ava!!