
My sister-in-law and her husband are getting a puppy next week. They have picked out this adorable Siberian
Husky mix (she is the grey with bright blue eyes). They would like get one of the little boys, as well, but that's is up to the seller. I am SO excited! I think I might be a little too excited considering this dog won't even belong to me. I
immediately got out my favorite dog training book of all time,
"Good Owner, Great Dog" by Brian
Kilcommons, to lend to them. I got this book before receiving my first Guide Dog Puppy, Honor. I read it cover to cover, and then again. I'm going shopping with Glenda this weekend to help her buy all her puppy gear. I'm SO excited! I'm going with them on Monday to pick out/up the puppy(
ies). I'm SO excited! They want me to help them with the training. I'm SO excited!

When looking over my hardcover copy of "Good Owner, Great Dog" I can't help but notice the corner that has some puppy chew marks from Honor. That got me reminiscing about my Guide Dog Puppy training days. I LOVED doing that. It is something I am very proud of. I really want to do it again. I think when Eliza is 9 or 10 I would like to do that with her. I found
Guide Dogs website and was looking around. I was fighting back the tears from all the emotions and memories that it brought back. I'm sure the raging pregnancy hormones accentuated it all.

James and I have had one dog, then 2, then 3. Two of them have since died and we are down to 1
again. He's not the prettiest of the 3, but he is a VERY good dog.We agreed that when we got to one we would stay there. I'm enjoying being a one dog family, but with all the puppy excitement with my sister-in-law I'm very tempted to get another puppy. Then 6:30 pm comes around and I'm so exhausted, I would go to bed right that minute if the family would let me. That's when I realize I'm glad I don't have to wake up in the middle of the night to a whining puppy who needs to go potty in the freezing winter cold. I'll have to live vicariously through the in-laws. And I'm still SO excited!
3 comments:
Kahu (sp?)is a good doggy. That was so fun to have Honor, except when she chewed the downstairs carpet. But I liked the new carpet better, so thanks Honor! RESIST the puppy urge!
Both Paige's friends got puppies in the past 2 weeks. One a choco lab and the other a shitzu. they are like babies, fun to hold and play with, even better to hand back and say goodbye. Seth is trained to say when I am 8 I can get a puppy! 3 more years!!!
Gwen
Hi Carrie -
It's Jennifer from the "Hostess with the Mostess" blog. Guess what? The first winner of the Darlybird giveaway never materialized and I could only wait a week to hear from her, so I had to pick a new winner and YOU are it! I cracked up when your comment was drawn because you had said you wouldn't hold your breath because of all the comments :) Surprise! Please send me your mailing address so we can get you your package. You can email it to jennifer@hwtm.com. Thanks!
P.S. The puppies are sooooo cute!!
Post a Comment